Sorry, I'm posting this on Saturday. I had to go out of town unexpectedly yesterday. Plus, I know this Flashback Friday was only about 20 years ago, but I love the 90s so it's allowed. This is the newest coin I found for my collection! Someone paid with it as a quarter and I am so glad they did. It's so cool looking and I don't have one like it.
1992-The first Nicotine patch is introduced to help stop smoking and DNA Fingerprinting is invented. In The UK Rioting breaks out in Cities including Bristol. In France, Euro Disney opens. In the US, Bill Clinton becomes president and the largest Mall in America, Minnesota's Mall of America, is constructed spanning 78 acres. The Redskins defeated the Buffalo Bills in Super Bowl XXVI, the Seinfeld episode "The Contest" airs, SciFi Channel launched with a broadcast of Star Wars, Cartoon Network launches in the US, Barney & Friends, Melrose Place and Dateline NBC all premiere, Jay Leno becomes host of the Tonight Show.
If you were living in this year(I was!), you might be:
- A gallon of gas was $1.05, a pound of bacon was $1.92, and a gallon of milk was $2.78.
- McDonalds opens first McDonalds in Beijing China, and a text-based Web browser is made available to the public; within a few years, millions of people become regular users of the World Wide Web.
- A telephone conversation is recorded between an unknown woman ( Diana the Princess of Wales ) talking to an unknown man about her unhappy marriage. Prince Charles and Princess Diana separated this year.
- AT&T releases video-telephone ($1,499), George Bush gets ill & vomits on Japanese prime minister's lap.
- US serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer pleads guilty but insane and is sentenced to life in prison,and compact discs surpass cassette tapes as the preferred medium for recorded music.